United Way Back to the Basics
Community Drive for Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness
More than 325 children in Central Minnesota experienced homelessness last year.
During 2012, the SHY program served 53 homeless youth and had an average waiting list of 35 youth.
Last year, The Salvation Army Emergency Shelter housed 186 children, ages birth to 17 years of age, with their families.
THAT'S NOT OKAY!
Collect items during the month of June to help children in our community experiencing homelessness. Deliver the items to one of the locations listed or during the Collection Celebration on June 20, 2013. Help us celebrate all of the donations made to help the children in our community at Pioneer Place on Fifth.
June 20, 2013
Pioneer Place on Fifth
7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
If you would like a box to place in your organization for collections, please contact our office at (320) 252-0227 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Items most needed:
- Travel size: body wash, lotion, shampoo, conditioner
- Mini 1st Aid Kit
- Monetary donations
June 1-19, 2013
- United Way of Central Minnesota
- Minnesota School of Business
- Coborn's Stores: St. Cloud Cooper, St. Cloud Centennial, Sartell 1st Ave, Sartell Pinecone, Sauk Rapids, St. Joseph
- Spirit 92.9 studio: 1310 2nd Street North, Sauk Rapids
June 20, 2013
- Pioneer Place on Fifth: 22 5th Ave S, St. Cloud, MN 56301
- United Way: 3001 Clearwater Road, St. Cloud, MN 56301
- Minnesota School of Business: 1201 Second Street S, Waite Park, MN 56387
Catholic Charities Supportive Housing for Youth Program (SHY) offers housing opportunities for homeless or at-risk of homeless youth between the ages of 16 and 24.
St. Cloud School District Homeless Program strives to meet the unique needs of students experiencing homelessness by providing school supplies, transportation, extra-curricular funding, tutoring and other basic needs.
The Salvation Army Emergency Shelter provides safe, temporary housing for children, youth and their families. A waiting list for families has been established.
Complete list of needed items:
- Refillable water bottle
- Kleenex mini packages
- Mini first aid kits
- Body wash
- Garbage bags
- Pocket Calendar/planner
- Antibacterial hand sanitizer
- Blanket (throw size rolled to fit in backpack)
- 5 gallon size Ziplock bags
- $20 Food gift certificate (Subway, McDonalds, Burger King)
- Shaving cream
- Warm socks
- Bug spray
- Underwear - child (size 4) through adult large
- Sweatshirts - child through adult sizes
- T-shirts - child through adult sizes
- Metro buss passes
- Hotel voucher