Llama Llama Read-A-Rama
Llama Llama Read-A-Rama 2013 will be April 11-14!
RESCHEDULED: Llama Llama Pajama Party, Tuesday, May 7, 2013 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. at the St. Cloud Public Library
"Reading Heroes Unite" is the theme of this year's Llama Llama Read-A-Rama, an event to educate children and families on the importance of literacy. The event will begin on RESCHEDULED TUESDAY, MAY 7 Thursday, April 11, with a pajama party at the St. Cloud Public Library from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. Children can enjoy many activities such as crafts, snack time, live llamas and story time.
Throughout the weekend, volunteers will be reading to children at more than 30 community reading and activity sites. On Sunday, April 14, Barnes & Noble will host a fundraiser to benefit Imagination Library.
Llama Llama Read-A-Rama key goals:
- Educate on the importance of early learning and literacy for children''s success in school and life
- Engage community members in volunteerism with children
- Provide reading tips and resources for parents and caregivers
- Help more parents enroll their children in United Way''s Imagination Library free book program
- Increase awareness of United Way 2-1-1 as a key information source for a wide range of community services, including parenting and family services
2013 Llama Llama Read-A-Rama Tool Kit:
- Coloring sheet
- Volunteer Flyer
- Pajama Party Flyer
- Save the Date Flyer/coloring sheet
- Community Activities and Story Times
- Barnes & Noble Flyer with Vouchers